List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [odf-discuss] Non-portable paragraph rendering settings,
From:       Martin Ellis <martin () ellis ! name>
Date:       2006-05-17 21:49:34

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 22:38, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> That's very interesting. Thank you for all that work. So... after
> jumping through all those hoops it turns out that this is an
> ambiguitiy in the OpenDocument spec that is inherited from CSS.

Hmm, maybe this is one of the cases where using a format based on
existing tried and tested formats can you into trouble. :o(

I've found the documentation for the option using Google:
http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/text/DocumentSettings.html#AddParaTableSpacing

For David Faure:  check out the very next flag in those API docs:

boolean AddParaTableSpacingAtStart;
Description
Specifies if top paragraph spacing is applied to paragraphs on the
first page of text documents.
If true, the paragraph or table spacing to the top will also be
effective at the beginning of a page or column if the paragraph or
table is positioned on the first page of the document. The same
applies for a page break.

Hmmph!!!   ;o)

Martin