List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Hot New GSoC Item for KWord [ Rather off-topic! ]
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2006-05-03 23:16:33

Martin Ellis said the following, On 2006-05-03 23:16:

> FWIW, I share Thomas' scepticism.   But for these features:
>
> On Wednesday 03 May 2006 21:04, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>
>>Seeing clean
>>diffs for two document versions is something nice too. Using
>>[[Links to predefined subdocuments]] can be awesome usability
>>improvement for some of us.
>>
>>Many of us, technical users, use '''special''' __characters__ while
>>writing READMEs and other stuff. I'd go this way and don't give up
>>only because no other Office app has this mode. We're new.
>>
>>And having "live" preview for the stuff (as in formula editor) can
>>be an extension of the idea.
>

> ... you might want to use Muse:
>  http://www.mwolson.org/projects/MuseMode.html
>
> It's the only think I know that can both render wiki markup as you
> edit it (no separate view/edit modes) and publish it to human
> readable formats.

You mean something like this?
http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~dhansen/screens/ew.png

In fact this is interesting that, e.g. the == Server Side == header text is
displayed using large letters. Quite simple to implement too.

> (The linked documents don't need to be "predefined": visit them to
> write them, just like a real wiki)

True. I mean: if one is predefined, a combobox or autocompletion can pop up...
Real power by just using words...

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska

* KDE3 & KDE4 Libraries For Developing MS Windows Applications:
                   http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki
See also:
* Kexi For MS Windows: http://kexi.pl/wiki/index.php/Kexi_for_MS_Windows
* Kexi Support:        http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html