List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Flake [KoDef/commands/threadweaver]
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-04-27 19:11:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 27 April 2006 11:04, Thomas Zander wrote:

> Ok. Sounds good.
> I put the stuff in KoDefaultTool; I think the renaming can wait a little;
> but I'll propose a set of renames later.

Sounds good. (Sorry for the late reply -- this day turned out really busy.
But hey! I can add Javascript and Ajax to my curriculum vitae now.)

> At what level do they live?  I mean, are they under the KoTool or are they
> always interactionPolicies.  Which is the same as asking; are the
> differences limited to the move/rotate/select actions or are there
> differences for all types of tools.

Per view -- it's like this:

view
	mouse		tool1 < tool2 < tool3
	stylus		tool1
	eraser		tool2
	airbrush	tool4

Where tool3 was temporarily replaced by something else than a selection
from the toolbox by tool2 and tool2 by tool1. It must be possible to
instantiate a tool class for every pointer.

It's not really to do with this discussion, but it's important to keep in
mind.

> I'll answer briefly as I have been preparing a patch to explain this
> better. Zagge asked me this morning as well and the short short story is;
> press -> createCommand(), release -> finishInteraction()

Okay, clear.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi