List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread logic operations
From:       "Tomas Mecir" <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-04-26 7:24:29

Greetings !

On 4/26/06, Ivor Hewitt <ivor@ivor.org> wrote:
> Hi!
> I like to use kspread to 'doodle' while I develop but always wanted to be
> able to do binary logic operations to calculate/decode various lookup
> values rather than writing little scripts/c apps.
> As a result I added a handful of binary math functions to kspread to help me
> out and I wondered if anyone liked the idea - or had any suggestions for
> improvements or other additions.

Sounds good, although the docs could use improvement - not quite
obvious that this is doing binary operations - logical and/or are
different :)

Also, I don't think that adding a new Programming function category is
necessary for this - an existing group like Logical, or maybe Math,
would work well enough.

Coding-wise, it looks fine, apart from the functions not being
prepared to support higher precision and the like, when we get to
adding that - using the ValueCalc class. For now, the code in
ValueCalc would be the same to what you wrote into the function
implementation, but once we get other stuff done, there are plans to
improve ValueCalc to achieve transparent support for arbitrary
precision, complex numbers and other things - hence, where feasible,
these operations would be better off in the ValueCalc class, with
function implementations calling those.

/ Tomas