List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Nested objects in Flake.
From:       Dirk =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sch=F6nberger?= <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2006-04-25 12:35:58

> I have to ask again what are the added features compared to the group and
> how
> should the work from a user point of view.
>
> Thorsten

From what I understand, groups are user level aggregations, where the user
decides  what and how he wants to group resp. ungroup.
Nested objects are program level aggregations, which cannot really be
separated.
An example would be a complex "illustration object", which consists of the
actual illustration canvas, and a describing label.
While it makes sense to move and rotate the label around, it doesn't
really make sens to separate it from the actual illustration.

Regards
Dirk