List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: playground/office/flake/lib
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-22 23:52:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 22 April 2006 18:16, you wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Saturday 22 April 2006 08:50, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > I think this commit is wrong.
>
> I don't think so :-)
>
> > First; you removed my code that made sure the distance between the
> > object and the handles was kept stable. (m_handleDiff)  Why would you
> > just remove it?
>
> You remember that it broke for rotated objects.

So? Having code that fixes zooming but later found to still have a bug in
rotation is no reason to remove the code. IMOHO. Now we have problems
with zooming again.
I guess you don't want me to follow your example, do you? ;)
Please have some respect for other peoples contributions and if you don't
understand an algorithm please ask instead of just redoing it.

> > Next: The reason we had
> >   QPointF m_selectionBox[8];
> > in the KoGraphicsBase was so subclassed objects could have a
> > different outline and a different positioning of the handles based on
> > the object type it is. (you can see that by the fact that they were
> > protected, not private)
>
> I don't think the object itself needs to have the handles for the
> selection. It is the task for the selection.

This is very much about the outline, not the handles. Imagine having 50
objects in a selection, most of them overlapping.  How usefull do you
think it is if all of them have square outlines?

> I think we only need one type of selection and it is a rectangular.
In that case I suggest to remove the array of 8 items and have a QSizeF
instead since it contains the same info (combined with pos()) and takes
much less space.

> > The fixme is not needed [snip]
> You are right. My fault. Removed.

Cool, thanks :)