List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: WordPerfect filter for 1.5.1
From:       "Ariya Hidayat" <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-21 18:37:58

> Yep, sounds great.

Good.

> So it's  WordPerfect -> sxw -> kword ?
> Hmm. If it's better than what we have now that's good, but in general it means
> combining the limitations of the wpd importer with the limitations of the sxw importer...
>
> Why did he choose sxw and not odt btw?

Simple reason: to reuse the code already exists for OpenOffice.org.

Of course we already have discussion on the next step, i.e. direct wpd
to odt code, possibly good for KOffice 2.0. But since nobody can
commit to work on this in the next coming months, IMHO it is better to
have that sxw filter for the time being, rather than a primitive kwd
and/or an unfinished odt.

Regards,

Ariya