List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Flake
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-20 17:42:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 20 April 2006 16:46, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> - If you have an object which lies in front of the selected object you
> cannot see some handles.

I found that to be a bug and I already fixed that.
Selection handles are now always painted last (and thus on top).

> - The object does not need to know if it is selected, as the selection
> is painted by the selection object and not by the selected object. This
> would make the code easier.

Also this is addresses already; the object indeed never needs to know if
it is selected, all the code to paint an object is selected is in the
base in a non-virtual method.

> At the moment (in kpresenter) we display handles in the corners and in
> the middle of the edges for resizing. The questions is do we want to
> keep it like this.
>
> There are some other technics which can be used:
> 1. Like in inkscape
>    The selected objects get a selection rect at the edge of the corner
> and have the handles outside of the selection rect of all selected
> object. 2. A mix between karbon and inkscape
>    The selected objects get a selection rect at the edge and have
> handles like the flake selection shows at the moment.

The way you want to paint this is something you can naturally experiment
with, all you need to do is change the
KoGraphicBase::paintSelectionHandles() method to paint what you want.
--
Thomas Zander