List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt4 porting...
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-18 15:53:15

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 05:04:32PM +0200, Stefan Nikolaus wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 April 2006 16:51, Thomas Zander wrote:
> [...]
> > zander@dust:kword$make 2>&1  | grep error
> > /home/zander/sources/kde4/koffice/kword/KWCanvas.cpp:731: error: 'class
> > QPainter' has no member named 'setRasterOp'
> > /home/zander/sources/kde4/koffice/kword/KWCanvas.cpp:731: error: 'NotROP'
> > was not declared in this scope
> > /home/zander/sources/kde4/koffice/kword/KWCanvas.cpp:786: error: 'class
> > QPainter' has no member named 'setRasterOp'
> > /home/zander/sources/kde4/koffice/kword/KWCanvas.cpp:786: error: 'NotROP'
> > was not declared in this scope
>
> Use the best approximation of
> void QPainter::setCompositionMode ( CompositionMode mode )
> (QPainter::SourceOut for NotROP)

It doesn't really work the same.
For one thing, using NotROP was usually a way to paint rectangular selection
from the mousemove event, and in Qt4 it's not allowed to paint outside paintEvents
(this restriction is what makes the automatic double-buffering possible).

The Qt4 way is to use alpha-blending instead of painter operations like NotROP,
or to use QRubberBand.
I suggest to just comment out the raster-op stuff for now, and to revisit it later
once kword runs and we can experiment with what looks best for rectangular selection.

--
David Faure
faure@kde.org