List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice 1.5 Highlights Tour for the release
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2006-04-11 11:35:24

On Sunday 09 April 2006 19.10, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> Am Montag, 3. April 2006 18:50 schrieb Raphael Langerhorst:
>
> [...]
>
> > Each section (of a component) should also have some text, briefly
> > describing the new highlights. So some text should also be there. So to
> > say: "This is THE new feature in <component> that you've been waiting for
> > all your life!" ;)
> >
> > So the what I need exactly is a small article with some text and
> > screenshots, making up a brief but comprehensive overview of the most
> > exciting highlights of each component. And I'll collect those and make
> > the complete tour out of it. Hope that will work out fine.
>
> Hi all,
>
> I started to collect what I got and put it into shape. I'm still missing a
> description of the following components:
>
> Kivio (psn?)
> KChart (ingwa?)

Here is my short text:

"KChart is the charting component of KOffice. It can be embedded into almost
any other KOffice application, such as KWord or KSpread. It supports 8
different types of charts, among them bar, line, area, pie, ring and polar
charts.  Almost every aspect of the chart can be customized after the chart
is created, such as colors, fonts and placement of different entities like
the legend."

As screenshot, you can use the ones from www.koffice.org/kchart

	-Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |