List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Plotting and Charting in KOffice 2
From:       "Robert Knight" <robertknight () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-04-06 1:33:04

I haven't looked at the R project's charting and plotting code yet,
but I do know that it features a lot of math-related code which might
be useful for writing formulae functions in KSpread - but that would
be done on a Cut > Convert > Paste basis.

Ultimately though if we were to introduce plotting functionality into
KSpread, we would need:

a)  Someone who has a very clear idea of use-cases and knows the
target audience well
b)  A coder who understands the various types of graphs and the
applications of them.
c)  Careful thought as to how to provide this functionality without
over-complicating the user interface.

How we actually go about implementing said functionality is a distant
second to all of the above requirements.