List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: [Re: Licensing Qanava]
From:       Dag Andersen <danders () get2net ! dk>
Date:       2006-04-05 8:36:12

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 13:33, Jarosław Staniek wrote:> Hello> I am forwarding this \
here to mention that Qanava> (http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=28735) \
is a> candidate for reuse at least in Kexi 2.0 _when_ we need an> interactive graph \
widget.>> What about other KOffice apps?kplato will need something like this for \
network- and gantt diagrams. We need to be able to handle at least a few hundred \
nodes for medium sized projects, and thousands for large ones. So respons times will \
be a key issue. We are currently using kdgantt for ganttdiagrams but unless something \
serious is done, I don't think it will cut it. And it can't handle network diagrams \
in general, of course, using the same library for both digrams would be a gain imo.>> \
-------- Original Message --------> Subject: Re: Licensing Qanava> Date: Mon, 03 Apr \
2006 16:01:28 +0200> From: Benoit Autheman <benoit@libqanava.org>> To: JarosÃ… ‚aw \
Staniek <js@iidea.pl>> References: <44304EB4.709@iidea.pl>> \
<44311706.2010307@libqanava.org> <44311A77.8070401@iidea.pl>>> JarosÃ… ‚aw Staniek \
wrote:> > Benoit Autheman said the following, On 2006-04-03 14:37:> >> Hi,> >>> >>   \
I confirm that I will release next versions of libqanava > >> under LGPL, since it \
will be more compatible with the others KDE> >> libraries (it was not an easy \
decision although :) ).> >>> >>    Anyways, thanks for your interest in Qanava, and \
if you> >> finally choose to evaluate its utility in Kexi, I am interested> >> in \
providing close support, and even adding specifics features> >> for your application, \
so donâ € ™t hesitate to contact me if you> >> have feedback (positive or \
negative!).> >>> >>   There is another KDE application that is in the process of> >> \
moving to Qanava, and I want to add features that will benefit> >> the most peoples \
firstâ € ¦> >> > Benoit,> > Thanks for your offer.> > FYI: I'd be mostly interested \
in using your library for> > displaying database relationships (logical or physical) \
or> > provide the graph widget as a general-purpose graph widget for> > kexi users.>> \
Ok, I will keep that in mind for future releases; Iâ € ™ve just seen> your policy \
for porting to qt4, and Qanava (as a qt4 only lib) will> be quite stable when you \
                will initiate the switchâ € ¦>> Keep up the good work on Kexi!> \
                Benoit