List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: flake canvas
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2006-03-30 19:03:57

> Zagge and I discussed yesterday the need for some baseline canvas class on
> irc; then I got the idea that an interface might be all that's needed. And
> surprise, Krita has got one of those: an interface that defines the
> interaction between a tool and a canvas.

> So -- Zagge, and everybody into flake. How about adding something like

From a short view this looks like a mix of convenience methods (ie something
like converting between world and display coordinates using a transformation
matrix), ad some Krita specifics (I don't think other applications need
exactly one input device, or they just support a fixed device like the
mouse)
An interesting thing are the updateCanvas methods. IMHO this is really the
base functionality of a canvas (updating dirty regions).
The question is if this has to be a virtual method, or if there could exist
a base implementation.

Regards
Dirk