List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: 2.0 Design Arena
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-28 21:13:00

On Monday 27 March 2006 13:49, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > Is there some documentation as on how to develop with kdelibs4, while
> > still using qt3/kde3 as the desktop ?
> you can't right now :(
Wrong you definitely can. How do you think we do it?
Just set the env vars in a shell that should launch kde4 apps.

export QTDIR=.../qt-copy
export KDEDIR=/opt/kde4
unset KDEDIRS
export KDEHOME=$HOME/.kde4
export KDETMP=/tmp/$USER-kde4
mkdir -p $KDETMP
export KDEVARTMP=/var/tmp/$USER-kde4
unset XDG_DATA_DIRS
unset XDG_CONFIG_DIRS
export PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

(inspired from branches/work/kde4/setup-env)