List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: template-used (Re: odt extention proposal)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-22 23:52:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 03:50, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 March 2006 23:59, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Hiya;
> >
> > reading the competition entries I actually found a good idea :) It
> > would be good meta-data to save the template 'name' in the later
> > resulting document so it is easier to group document types later.
> > Especially for KWord and KSpread and in places where custom templates
> > are provided I believe frameworks that data-mine documents for
> > search/sorting purposes this would be nice to have.
> >
> > What about adding a tag named:
> > meta:template-used
>
> Hmm, and what would be its value? Not the translated name that the user
> clicked on, so I guess the untranslated basename of the file containing
> the template? Doesn't sound very interoperable, but it's still
> something we can add to KOffice of course.

The idea is that its used for data-mining; so its just as important as
'username' for example.
If (in OOo) a document is created using mailmerge then the original
filename or document name could be stored in this value; for example.

It really is about finding all faxes or all presentations which use the
KDE base-layout, or all documents that use 'corporate style 2004' etc.

So; IMO it is something that should go into the standard for all
applications to support.  That is; assuming more than KOffice has the
concept of basing the new document on an existing template.  OOo does
have that feature, right?
--
Thomas Zander