List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Column/row default cell styles (was: koffice/kspread)
From:       "Robert Knight" <robertknight () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-03-18 17:41:37

Ah okay, I see what you mean now concerning default cell styles and
empty cells which are created to fill up incomplete rows.

If I remember correctly, the purpose of the default cell style name
was for brevity, so that if a certain style was used several times on
a row or column, the style-name attribute would not have to be
provided for each of the affected cells.

I agree with you that it is inconsistent, but it does reduce the
amount of XML text needed to describe most table layouts, which means
less parsing and faster loading / saving.  As I said before, I don't
think we have any choice but to implement it as OO.org has and ask the
OASIS people to clarify this in the specification.