List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Column/row default cell styles (was: koffice/kspread)
From:       Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2006-03-17 22:19:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 17 March 2006 21:26, Robert Knight wrote:
> > All other column
> > attributes - visibility, width, optimize width, break before/after -
> > apply to the whole column.
>
> No, that isn't what the spec says.  Those attributes you refer to are
> found in the style mentioned in the style-name attribute of the table
> column (which is a table-column family style) not the
> default-cell-style-name attribute.

No, that's also not what the spec says. ;-)
The column element has the visibility, its style and the default cell style as
attibutes. The column's style defines the column's width and wether the width
should be optimized.
If I hide a column, I want the whole column be hidden. If I set the column
width, I don't want the used area cells to have this width and the other
cells the width of the default column style.
What I wanted to say is, that all those attributes (wether we consider the
intermediate step over the column's style or not) are applied to the whole
column.

> From the OASIS spec:
> > A table column style stores the formatting properties of a table column,

Exactly! ... of a table column, the whole table column, not of column parts.

> > such as width and background color. It is specified by a <style:style>
> > element with a family attribute value of table-column and can be either
> > an automatic or a common style. The style of a column is specified using
> > a table:style-name attribute.
>
> Which differs from default-cell-style-name:
> > The table:default-cell-style-name attribute specifies the default cell
> > style. Cells without a style use this style when there is no default cell
> > style specified for the cell's row as well.

I'm aware, that the column style and the default cell style defined in the
column element are two distinct styles.

> To my mind, this clearly reads in the same way that the OO people
> interpreted it.

To mine it's not, but some people call me insane. ;-)

Bye,
Stefan