List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: adding a method to KoCommandHistory
From:       Clarence Dang <dang () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-01 5:14:42

On Monday 27 February 2006 01:27, Casper Boemann wrote:
> In order to solve a showstopper problem in krita I'm about to add a method
> to KoCommandHistory that returns a pointer to the present command in the
> undo stack. That is, the command that would be undone by the next undo().
>
> Krita will only use this to get information and will not modify the command
> in any way. This will not affect any other app or tool.
>
> I don't know if this is a viable longtime solution, but it does solve the
> krita problem and seem like a nice addition to the commandhistory
> interface. Comments ?

KolourPaint has such a hack as well.  Getting undo/redo right is tricky.

I wonder why there is a KoCommandHistory instead of just having extended
KCommandHistory?  OTOH, the reason there is also a KolourPaint
kpCommandHistory is mainly due to licensing and supporting earlier versions
of KDE.

Clarence,
still trying to cope with last year's SVN migration...