List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Beta 2 proposal
From:       Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-02-27 13:38:03

Am Monday 27 February 2006 11:26 schrieb Thorsten Zachmann:
> Hello all,
>
> > I think we're not quite ready for a convincing release candidate.
> > An initial sounding-out of this idea yesterday on irc got favourable
> > reactions.
> >
> > Much has been coded in the past few weeks, Krita, KChart, KPlato
> > and KSpread all have been received a lot of development -- and I
> > think are plenty of bugs left. I would prefer to tag a second
> > beta this week and try to get some more thorough user testing
> > before making a release candidate later on.
> >
> > I think a beta tagging end of this week, release next week and
> > then two weeks for testing should be sufficient.
>
> good idea, I'm all for it.

/me too

Actually having a beta end of this week, would enable be to finally
continue and finish working on making KChart support the combined
bars and lines chart type that OO.o provides.
KD Chart can do that, and I started adjusting KChart accordingly,
but got stopped by other issues.  Since I now, finally, see a bit
of free time ahead, I can continue with that tomorrow (Tuesday).

Cheers
Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>

* Qt Components, Platform Independent Software, Qt Training, Mentoring *