List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/kspread
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2006-02-24 14:59:30

The original text said:
> * OASIS loading: use "US Letter" as default paper size (sheets loaded from
> OO had size (0,0) before)

Since OASIS OpenDocument (ODF) is the default format for KOffice as well as
many other office suites, it is debatable wether we should regard an ODF
without a paper size attribute as automatically coming from OpenOffice.

Additionally, users of OpenOffice when used outside US most certainly do not
want US letter as their default format. I would go so far as to say that the
majority of  the OpenOffice users want A4 as their default, wether the
factory default is US letter or not.

I suggest we go back to A4 anyway and bugreport OpenOffice instead so that
they start to save the page size.

	-Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |