List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kross debug messages
From:       Jarosław_Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2006-02-21 10:50:54

Sebastian Sauer said the following, On 2006-02-21 04:04:
> Hi *,

>>>Someone who know about cross should tell me which header I should add
>>>those defines to, though.
>

> lib/kross/krossconfig.h is designed for such "global" like options. With the
> #define's in that file we are already able to enable/disable debug on a
> per-file and/or per-logic base. So, it's somewhat more flexible then one
> single debug-area. But for sure it would be nice to be able to have a
> debug-area for it and to disable every king of debugging-output that way via
> kdebugdialog :)

I can be wrong but the fact that even I was unable to ientify krossconfig.h as
such global file shows me that we may prefer to have the file renamed to
global.h file instead...

BTW, why there are namespaced defined for macros? this is not clear to me...

>>BTW, Sebastian:
>>
>>are we going to have defined KROSS_VERSION_MAJOR, KROSS_VERSION_MINOR and
>>int versionMajor();
>>int versionMinor(); for KOffice1.5?
>>It's safer to have this. Everything like in kexi/kexidb/global.h....
>

> Ah. yes. We have  that already for each plugin, but not for the lib itself.
> So, add it and check the version on communication between the libs or would
> that duplicate the functionality of -version-info 1:0:0 in
> lib/kross/Makefile.global ?

No, IIRC we're using -version-info 1:0:0 for clean packaging only. So above
macros and functions are needed for compile time.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska

  Kexi Developer:      http://www.kexi-project.org | http://koffice.org/kexi
  Kexi Support:        http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html
  Kexi For MS Windows: http://kexi.pl/wiki/index.php/Kexi_for_MS_Windows
  KDE3, KDE4 Libraries For Developing MS Windows Applications:
                       http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki