List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice talks at FOSDEM
From:       Sander Koning <sanderkoning () kde ! nl>
Date:       2006-02-01 23:37:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Raphael Langerhorst wrote on 2006-02-01 22:01 +0100 regarding Re: KOffice talks at FOSDEM:

> * The proposed talk from Sander about the UI is certainly a good thing, so
> please think of a catchy title, like "The KOffice user interface" or sth
> better. The title is the only thing we need for the fosdem people.

"Better Looks for KOffice -- Thoughts about the Interface"

> Sebas just contacted me on IRC and he also wants abstracts :/ so well, Sander
> and Bart, please also think about abstracts for your talks.

"To play a major role as an office suite, one does not only need functionality
and interoperability. Users need a clear and consistent interface (dialogs,
menus, toolbars, etc.) so that they can intuitively do what they want to do.
We try to find out what we should and should not keep in the current KOffice
user interface, in order to improve the user experience for the next version as
much as possible."

If this is not to your liking, feel free to change it entirely :)

> There are 3 quickies slots left. One of them Sander can take (or two?). And
> another one I'll take. This way we can fit in everything I guess. Sorry that
> there is not more left, but Bart and I have made clear that we want to do at
> least "some" kind of talk already much earlier.
> Sander, if you think you can fill much more time let me know, maybe I can give
> you sth.

I don't know if I can fill "much" more. However I think that I might overflow 15
minutes a little. I'll let you know as soon as possible, when I've decided upon
the rough version of my talk. This depends a little on my other quick talk as
well.

Cheers,
--
Sander Koning                       |   sanderkoning -@- kde -.- nl