List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice Export/Import Filters - Kexi?
From:       Martin Ellis <martin.ellis () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2006-01-28 17:39:38

On Saturday 28 January 2006 17:14, Giovanni Venturi wrote:
> It think so.

I've prepared the relevant changes in my svn checkout, but
haven't committed since I'm getting all sorts of obscure crashes
with CSV import but haven't checked whether it's just me
doing something stupid ....

> > Notes about CSV, SQLite and MS Access "formats" come to my mind.
>
> For the MS Access do I need some external library installed in my sistem?

Yes.  For various reasons, it's being distributed separately for now.
Right now, you need to install Kexi first, then get the source for the
relevant version from:

http://www.kexi-project.org/wiki/wiki/?MDBDriver

Isaac C. says he'll prepare Debian packages when he's finished sorting out the
main KOffice packages.  Other distros may already have packages (but probably
for older versions).

Drop me an email if you try it, and have any problems.

Martin