List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Proposed list of known issues
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-01-25 8:25:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

Attached is the proposed known issues list for the release of Beta 1.
--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi

["KNOWN_ISSUES" (text/plain)]

KNOWN ISSUES

This is the first beta release of KOffice 1.5. We would especially like
our beta testers to test OpenDocument interoperability with OpenOffice.
Note that OpenOffice also contains some bugs in its OpenDocument implementation.
It is not necessary to report known issues to the developers;any other
findings are very welcome.

TTS

* TTS is available in all apps except for Kexi, but only KWord, KSpread and
  KPresenter have a tts config dialog.

KWord

* Documents created with KWord that contain bulleted lists are not loaded correctly
by OpenOffice. This is an OpenOffice issue.
* The document structure area does not refresh when
  1.  A paragraph is deleted.
  2.  The name of a frameset is changed.
  3.  There are probably other cases.

Krita

* Parts layers still half-broken
* Crash when exiting Karbon part (that one is odd, since KWord and KFormula
  don't crash)
* Pressure things adjustment don't work yet
* Rotate, mirror, shear are broken
* When adding layers from the layerbox context menu, layers are added to the top,
  instead of above the item clicked on.
* When activating/deactivating a part layer, all palettes disappear
* Grid is not displayed in OpenGL mode
* Adjustment layers are broken and are not saved or loaded

KSpread

* Crash when copying and pasting charts
* cell choosing for formulas is broken
* paste with insertion is broken
* flicker upon entering formulas.
* OpenDocument style loading is broken

KChart

* OpenDocument is not enabled, leading to interoperability problems with OpenOffice.
* Changing data area when embedded into Kspread doesn't work yet.
* The combined bars and lines chart type that OO.o provides and that is a
OpenDocument chart type doesn't work yet. Besides, I am missing an icon here.

KPlato

* Report generation is disabled.
* Embedding in other apps. Don't know the status here as I haven't
  been able to test yet. Raphael knows more as he implemented it, but
  from his commit msg there is nothing serious.
* Sizing problem when embedded in koshell.   It resizes too wide for my
  1024 pix display.
* Sometimes the calendar parent reference is lost. Probably during
  save/load, but I'm not certain.
* Calculating with hierarchical calendars does not work properly.
* Problem when calculating backwards from project end time.
* the tasks are always expanded when switching views
* synchronizing view settings between embedded and full(?) view is
  synchronized with a timer - a design flaw that can be amended before the
  release.