List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Volunteer needed: KOffice Icons refresh
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2006-01-20 11:03:48

Hello all,

> The set of OO icons I mentioned is just an example. If you prefer less
> colorful icons, we just have to build a list of icons we want to be changed
> and what "look" we'd like and ask the artists and I am sure they'll come
> with something you prefer.

I had a look at the icons of kpresenter and the current state id not
satisfying.

There are some similar icons but not all were updated:

The icons aocenterh aocenterv alignobjs should look like the icons aoleft,
aoright, aotop and aobottom.
The icon arrange should look like the raise,lower one.

The penbrush icon is used for the properties dialog which is no longer valid
as you can configure more
properties that the Pen and Brush. So here a new icon might be needed.

The following object could also use an update to look more like crystal:
shadow
line_begin line_end

Also the icons for the objects could need an update.
line
freehand
polyline
quadricbeziercurve
cubicbeziercurve
polygon
closed_freehand
closed_polyline
closed_quadricbeziercurve
closed_cubicbeziercurve
rectangle
circle
pie
autoform
frame_*

The frame_* ones are used in all koffice apps for embedding.

The same icon effect should not used for both the object and the slide effect.
I like the animationmode one from the oo icon theme. I didn't find one for the
slide transition effect.

So my question is how do we get an artist who is interested to do some icon
updates for us.

Have a nice day,

Thorsten

It might need some time for me to responce as I'm not feeling quite well at
the moment.