List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KOffice 1.5 Distribution (from Re: New webmaster needed)
From:       Robert Knight <robertknight () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-01-18 2:55:20

> Well, autopackage isn't really appropriate for KDE apps yet AFAIK.

Not in the stable version of autopackage, no.  As for the development
version, I'll try and find some time to experiment with it and see how
I get on.

> OTOH, providing distro specific instructions would mean that distro's we don't
> use need to give us those instructions.

This is partly true, but I think we can cover a large number of users
with a small number of distros + generic RPM / DPKG instructions.
Klik is good for end-users to test software without affecting their
existing systems (and would be appropriate for KOffice 1.5 betas) but
it isn't intended for a permanent installation (AFAIK).