List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Re: Please help expand OpenDocument to fully specify formulas -
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-01-03 7:48:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

Did I forget forwarding this query by David Wheeler? I cannot find any
reference to it anymore. There's been OpenFormula progress, but now input
from people knowing KSpread is needed.
--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi

["forwarded message" (message/rfc822)]

Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 12:12:52 -0500
From: "David A. Wheeler" <dwheeler@dwheeler.com>
To: Boudewijn Rempt <boud@valdyas.org>
CC: Inge Wallin <inge@lysator.liu.se>
Subject: Re: Please help expand OpenDocument to fully specify formulas - OpenFormula
In ancient days, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> We're certainly interested in OpenFormula, to the extent where we'd like
> KSpread to be the first one to have an implementation of OpenFormula :-). We,
> that is the KOffice hackers as a group, and me and Inge Wallin in particular

Hi -- we've spent time hashing out the fundamentals, and setting up a
Wiki site for OpenFormula.  We're now starting to flesh out a spec with
real content on the formulas.  You can see the progress at:
  http://www.openformula.org
and the current draft spec at:
  http://www.openformula.org/Specification?printable=yes

You'll notice that we've finally moved from the basics (types, etc.)
to function definitions (which is a lot of work, but you can't do them
without the basics).

If you guys could contribute a few function definitions to the spec,
I'd really appreciate it.  Just let me know the account name you'd like
to have on www.openformula.org, and you're off!

We've already identified two problems with KSpread: MOD() with
negative numbers, and VALUE doesn't convert to numbers correctly
(at least on old versions of KSpread... that may have been fixed since).
Are the KSpread implementors willing to fix bugs like this?

--- David A. Wheeler