List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord Doc Structure Area refreshing
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-27 11:03:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 24 December 2005 15:48, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> If I were to use KWFrameViewManager, which approach should I use?  Do
> you plan/want to convert the rest of the events to signals, or should I
> use the listener approach?  I need to be informed of all the events
> (except possibly FrameSelectionChanged) and some are signals and some
> are sent via listeners, so I'd have to do both, which strikes me as
> ugly.

I was looking into who uses what and I'm under the impression all should
be converted to signals indeed.

> Also, for optimization purposes, I need to know which frame/framesets
> have changed.  This signal doesn't tell me that.

I tend to not emit things I don't need (also known as overdesigning); so
if you need something feel free to refactor it.
It should be easy to do.

Just be aware that you can't emit which frame is deleted since its already
deleted :)

--
Thomas Zander