List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Problem deselecting selected frames.
From:       Gary Cramblitt <garycramblitt () comcast ! net>
Date:       2005-12-26 3:44:44

When user right clicks on a table in the document structure area, they may
choose Delete, which deletes the entire table.  The problem is that if they
also have another frame selected, that frame is also deleted.
(deleteFrameSet deletes all selected frames.)

To avoid this, I need to deselect all selected frames before deleting the
table.  However, the deselectAllFrames call in the code below doesn't achieve
this.  I'm guessing this is because the KWFrameViewManager defers the
deselection for a oneshot.  How can I achieve want I want?

void KWDocStructTableItem::deleteItem()
{
    // TODO: The following statement isn't working for some reason.
    gui()->getView()->deselectAllFrames();
    gui()->getView()->deleteFrameSet(m_table);
}

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)