List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: impending doom in Krita
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2005-12-21 13:16:14

Casper Boemann said the following, On 2005-12-21 13:51:

> Krita is about to hit a major restructuring in a couple of days. This will
> mean that it won't work for a period of time until we have it back together.
>
> It may even mean that some parts of Krita wont compile, although we will try
> to keep that to a minimum, and disable troublesome code as soon as we find
> out.
>
> Code most likely to fail compilation is that which is specified at compiletime
> like scripting.

Couldn't "not compilable" state be avoided? Is there a reason to have
noncompliable state more than a few minutes?
Within Kexi we're using :
- KEXI_*** macros for suff we're working and need to share in SVN,
    eg. KEXI_REPORTS_SUPPORT
- KEXI_NO_UNFINISHED macro for alpha-stage features

BTW: maybe you've already done this, but I'll mention: consider creating a
branch for "most recently working" Krita version.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska

  Kexi Developer:      http://www.kexi-project.org | http://koffice.org/kexi
  Kexi Support:        http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html
  Kexi For MS Windows: http://kexi.pl/wiki/index.php/Kexi_for_MS_Windows
  KDE3, KDE4 Libraries For Developing MS Windows Applications:
                       http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki