List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Personal look at koffice.org pages and integration (was: Grouping
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-20 10:11:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 01:57, Martin Ellis wrote:
> Are you expecting to see the integration you want faster by constantly
> barracking the Kexi developers?
> By that, I mean posting a question like the following, when in fact you
> were part of the very discussion.
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&m=113455560814528&w=2

I actually was not present at that discussion, sorry.

> I think everyone here knows you want to see these features.   Some of
> us would like to see them ourselves.  But it's just no fun to code on
> Kexi when it gets berated by other KOffice devs, and people will either
> lose interest or go adding the features that *they* want to see instead
> ( like features in KoText, perhaps?  I hope they're OK, btw ).

Martin,

I'm very sorry you apparently feel I attack Kexi.  I don't think I got
personal to either you or kexi, but if you see that differently, then,
again, I'm sorry.

Surely you know that the strength of KOffice comes from the fact that the
apps work together and work similarly.  All KOffice apps would gain
strength if Kexi integrated better.
I don't want to repeat that ad infinum that would be a nuisance indeed.
I'm just replying to questions making me explain what I mean by stating
this basic fact.

> Have a Merry Christmas,

Same to you :)

--