List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kspread: non-contiguous selection
From:       Tomas Mecir <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-12-17 13:58:57

On 12/17/05, Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus@kdemail.net> wrote:
> Hmm, I've meant KMacroCommand, which collects KCommand - or derivatives - and
> executes/unexecutes them at once.

Ah, that one. Yeah.

> One FormatManipulator? Than you see only "Change Format" in the undo list.

Can't you somehow override the name that's given in the undo list ?
Like, it would have a set of methods, for the big tasks, as well as
the small ones, and rename itself accordingly ?

Or we could have multiple manipulators. Then we have some code
duplication. But we could inherit the simple ones from the big one, as
you suggest, or put some common functions as static methods in the big
one ? Well, many options :)

> Or you derive from it and change its name. Possible in this point.
> This would avoid multiple iterations over the region, if you change more than
> one property.

Yeah, reducing iterations over regions would be a good thing :)

> Hmm, I'll have to think further about this. Until now it seems to be fine. ;-)

:D

/ Tomas