List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kspread: non-contiguous selection
From:       Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-12-14 18:51:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Robert,

On Wednesday, 14. December 2005 00:14, Robert Knight wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Is much work required to make formatting work on non-contiguous
> selections?  (Borders, Fonts, Backgrounds etc.)  That doesn't seem to
> be there at the moment.

Well, yes, it is some work to do, but nothing spectacular. We have to adjust
the iteration over the selection. Maybe by implementing the proposed
Manipulators (DESIGN.html) or extending the already existing CellWorkers.
Then adjust the UndoActions to work on Regions instead of QRects. And we're
mostly done, except the always occuring refinements, which are hard to
forsee.
What about your HighlightRange efforts? I see some overlapping here. Maybe we
can bind our forces together.
In the longer run, I would like to see the Region class used in more cases,
e.g. the new format storage or a region, that represents the occupied cells
to achieve the "Select all" functionality. If possible, it should replace all
the occurences of Point and Range to have one class, that represents a
"region".
Wether the Cluster is more efficient than the Region, memory-, runtime- or
maintenance-wise, I haven't determined yet. I think, the latter point goes to
Region. ;) Any opinions on that topic are welcome.

Bye,
Stefan