List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kivio+karbon? [Grouping of applications in Koffice]
From:       Casper Boemann <cbr () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2005-12-14 13:58:30

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 14:48, Tim Beaulen wrote:
> Maybe, when the porting to Qt4/KDE4 starts, start development for a new
> program that is a combination of Kivio and Karbon and use the best of both
> programs ("copy and paste" of the best parts of each program to form a new
> single program). I personally think that would be the best way.
Combining them into one is surely not the unix way of different programs for
different tasks. And being strong at what they do, and not just a little of
everything.

I think that you may not understand what kivio is about. So here is a link
Peter gave on #koffice explaining what he would like kivio to be.

http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnigraffle/

I very much hope that Karbon is about vector drawing.

Internally lots can be shared indeed, and is planned to be planned. But that
is hardly a cause for combining the user interface, and also Kivio is set to
offer many tools that has nothing to do about drawing.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann