I wondered if there are any updates on the status of KWord's well-known font-kerning problems and whether or not Qt 4 does deliver the needed changes to fix these issues. As a newbie KOffice dev, it is very frustrating for me that I cannot use KWord for day-to-day word processing because of these problems. The main issue is that I always work with the zoom level set to "Fit to Width", and KWord's text rendering is visually uncomfortable, particularly with some common fonts like Times New Roman (which I am required to use in essays and other reports). That is, at 100% zoom level, the text renders correctly but is too small. The errors are only apparent when zoomed in (something like 150% on my display). I have searched the mailing list archives but the technical details of the problem are somewhat unclear. I also wondered what other Qt applications (eg. Scribus) do to avoid this problem? _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel