List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: modifier keys.
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-30 12:59:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 30 November 2005 13:39, Casper Boemann wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 November 2005 12:53, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Dragging:
> > Shift toggles snap to grid and disables snap to guides
> > Alt does nothing
> > Control keeps X or Y position unchanged (see karbon)
>
> shouldn't shift toggle both

No, since guides are useless unless they are seen and so I feel that
pressing shift should never enable them.  Note that snap-to-guides are
always enabled when they are showing for about the same reason.

> shouldn't "keep x or y" be alt to be consistent with scaling

Good catch!
Hmm, not as easy as a simple move, though. Using alt has problems so I'd
like to avoid that as much as possible. And not using ctrl here seems
like an awful waste.
Ok, I'm going to duplicate the above described move along X/Y for both the
control and the alt keys.  That should help with discoverability of the
feature.

> > Scaling:
> > Shift keeps aspect ratio
> > Alt Scales only horizontally or vertically
> > Control scales all objects from center of all selected objects
> >
> > Insert:
> > Shift toggles snap to grid and disables snap to guides
> > Alt temporarily switches to 'move' (see krita)
> > Control temporarily switches the scaling-center to the center of
> > object instead of top-left (see krita)
> > Click:
> > Shift selects 'underlying' object deselecting the previous selected
> > objects and making sure only one is selected (see kword)
> > Alt does nothing
> > Control allows multi select
>
> I would never have guessed shift to do that. The case solved is indeed
> worth solving, but what if you have a stack of objects. Needs more
> thought imho.

Any suggestions are welcome!
--
Thomas Zander