List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    autoscroll feature across koffice
From:       Casper Boemann <cbr () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2005-11-27 20:31:04

Hi all

I have been looking at the different apps and how they handle scrolling the
view when dragging the mouse outside the view.

From a ui standpoint kpresenter shows how not to do it, and kspread how.
Kword is somewhat inbetween as it does it almost correctly, but is slow and
unresponsive. Krita and Karbon don't even do it. Haven't tested the rest.

So I want to provide somthing in lib that makes it easy to implement in all
apps.

As I see the KSpread code it sets up a timer which is run everytime the user
drags to select cells. The timer is connected to a slot that scrolls the view
if the mouse is outside. Plain and simple.

What I'm thinking of is to somehow move that code into lib. Exactly how I
haven't figured out yet so any comments are welcome.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann