List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread: decoupling Cell from Format
From:       Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-11-22 18:43:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Ariya,

On Monday, 21. November 2005 21:30, Ariya Hidayat wrote:
[...]
> Here are two links to the method I proposed to gradually deoouple Cell
> from Format:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&m=112971263102033&w=2
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&m=109526959809975&w=2
>
> Using this proposal, does it make everything simpler or is this not
> going to work?

Well, I skipped duplicating all member functions of Format and started with
the second step:
- breaked the inheritance, instantiate Format
- made this instance available through Format* Cell::format()
- replaced all calls cell->foo() with cell->format()->foo()

I will outline the problem in detail:
- a virtual method Format::formatChanged() exists, which does nothing and is
called in every Format::setFoo() method
- Cell reimplements Cell::formatChanged(), which sets the two CellFlags
-> each call of Cell:setFoo() will set the flags

So, I have to reimplement each Cell::setFoo() method and set the flags in each
of them, if there's nobody with another solution.

Bye,
Stefan