List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread: document -> workbook
From:       Martin Ellis <m.a.ellis () ncl ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2005-11-16 16:19:54

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 16:06, Thomas Zander wrote:> On Wednesday 16 November \
2005 15:54, Martin Ellis wrote:> > The other advantage of avoiding the word \
"Document" is that it's> > clearer when editting an embedded object.> >> > Does \
'Document' refer to the whole thing?    Or just the embedded> > object?>> Hmm, on the \
other hand; having an embedded presentation or an embedded> database in a kword \
document does not make any sense to me either. No, a database in a KWord document \
wouldn't make much sense. But I argued that document wasn't an appropriate term for \
pictures, such as Karbon 'documents' or Krita 'documents', and it seems perfectly \
reasonable to want to embed those in a KWord document.
> This also confuses things even more if we can't find a different name for> each \
> document type we have in koffice that is clear and consice.
That's easy.
KWord - documentKSpread - workbookKPresenter - presentationKexi - databaseKivio - \
diagramKarbon - drawingKrita - image (or picture)KChart - chartKFormula - \
formulaKugar - report, report template
> Next; a kspread workbook can't be embedded; just one sheet can be> (arguably), so \
> should we change the naming of the embedding UI?
We could use 'sheet' for KSpread, 'slide' for KPresenter, 'layer' for Krita....