List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: API enhancement: Selecting area to chart in a KSpread sheet.
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-15 13:21:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 13 November 2005 16:46, Inge Wallin wrote:
> What I want to be able to do is (at least):
>  - Insert rows or columns into the data area, and have the chart change
> on it. - When configuring the embedded chart, I want to have a text
> entry with the caption "data area" or so, that I can enter things like
> "Sheet1.A1:C10" and have the chart updated if this area is changed.

In KWord we auto-update deeply linked structures only on save and on
print, which might be an idea for you as well.

Barring that 'easy' solution the solution would probably be where you
write an ChangeNotifier interface that kspread will use to communicate
changes in chunks of data to others.
The kchart plugin will then implement that interface and register itself
in kspread at chart creation time.

Hope that helps.
--
Thomas Zander