List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: API enhancement: Selecting area to chart in a KSpread sheet.
From:       Robert Knight <robertknight () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-13 23:24:51

>  - When configuring the embedded chart, I want to have a text entry with the
> caption "data area" or so, that I can enter things like "Sheet1.A1:C10" and
> have the chart updated if this area is changed.

Rather than adding facilities for KChart to send data back to KSpread
(which goes against the principle of separation), perhaps it would be
better if there was a generic mechanism for embedding applications to
add new pages to the configuration pages of embedded objects, and
possibly context / normal menu actions as well.  Note that the code
for creating the configuration pages and responding to user input
would lie in the embedding application.  Is this possible?