List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: getting started
From:       Adam Treat <treat () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-08 15:15:08

Ok, how about a bug fix to begin.  This will allow you to get a feel for the
code before taking on some bigger tasks.  And there are some bigger tasks for
sure :)

Currently, when a report generates a 'Currency' type field Kugar will format
the number with commas and a decimal place and insert a currency symbol.  For
instance, the number '100000' will be formatted by Kugar to display as
'$100,000' if it is marked as a 'Currency' type field.  The bug is when the
number is null.  If the number is '' then Kugar will display this as '$0'
when it really should display '' as null doesn't mean $0 dollars it means
null ;)

Of course, first you'll have to get a kugar report working and a suitable data
file.  Let me know and I'll pass along some good ones.  BTW, you can find me
on IRC channel #kdevelop almost all the time.  My IRC nick is some variation
of 'manyoso'.

Cheers,

Adam

PS Bugs 60590 and 83742 are also on the list :)