List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KOffice Scripting for KDE4 (Was Re: Moving kross(kexi/scriptingcore)
From:       Adam Treat <treat () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-03 21:19:12

Hi All,

I would just like to point out that from discussions with the Ian, Aaron,
Matt, and Ryan at OSDW, I think the future of scripting in KDE4 might follow
a different path...

There is talk of integrating the interpreter loading in the KParts framework.
This would allow us to have, among other things, genuine KParts that could be
written in several different languages as well as embedded within regular C++
applications.  Regardless, I know Ian is hoping to have kjsembed available to
all KDE applications for KDE4.  I'll let Ian and Aaron expand here, but I
don't want to see KOffice apps detour from the greater KDE scripting/binding
community if it can be avoided.

Adam