List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Serious embedded objects bug in KSpread
From:       Robert Knight <robertknight () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-10-25 18:48:51

Hi,

I noticed a serious problem with KSpread's handling of embedded
objects.  If you place an embedded object in a spreadsheet, and then
scroll the sheet (using the scrollbars or the keyboard), the embedded
document can no longer be moved, resized or deleted until you scroll
back to the top-left of the document.  In short - a showstopper.

When you double-click the document to edit it, the editable-view of
the part appears in the wrong place.

Unfortunately it is taking me some time to delve through the KOffice
internals to try and understand how embedded-document handling works -
including various matrix manipulations which I am not familiar with.
Perhaps someone who is more familiar with how KSpread's child-handling
works could point me in the right direction?

Regards,
Robert.