List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Features and bugs report for 1.5
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-24 18:55:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 24 October 2005 19:31, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> KOffice
>     * Better unit widgets

This is from Nicolas Goutte, I'm not sure what he meant with it but as his
entry is so old (may 2005) I guess this is superseded by bug:112933
This is a JJ, not sure if it has a place in the features.xml file..

>     * Create style for character
Please move to 2.0 and rename it "Allow usage of character styles"
Btw; isn't it customairy only to add features that someone actually plans
to work on to the list?  Since this is obviously an overreached ideal
(its been in there for quite some time), lets remove this.
I doubt its usefull to put every feature we want somewhere in the future
in the features file.  Should we cleanup?

>     * Add version feature to koffice program
This apparently is a feature to save multiple versions of any document in
the file (the zip).
I suggest to remove this from the list untill someone actually makes a
commitment to start AND finish the feature.

> KPresenter
>     * Usability fixes in dialogs

Already way over a year old; I guess with various fixes in dialogs I did
this one can be closed.

The 'showstopper' bugs for KWord I'll look at next weekend or so,  if at
all. Its kinda useless to say these are showstoppers if I don't have time
to fix them anyway. :)

On the whole new features idea;  if you start a feature that you can not
finish (and this means making it usable and friendly and mostly-dummy
proof) do not expect that feature to be released or even that the feature
survives the next refactoring.
In other words; choose your battles wisely.
--
Thomas Zander