List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord frames refactor
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-24 10:10:58

On Sunday 23 October 2005 21:30, Thomas Zander wrote:
> I created a KWFrameView class that will contain a KWFrame member and we
> instantiate one KWFrameView per frame shown, as well as one per view.
> This class will contain stuff like a paint method that draws the outlines
> and resize handles of a frame as well as a boolean to state the frame is
> selected.
> This gets rid of the need for ResizeHandles.
> A context sensative popup is also created there.

OK

> Next; I created a KWFrameViewManager that will hold all the KWFrameView
> instances for one particular view.  Lots of methods from KWFrameSet as
> well as KWDocument can be moved there. (see the attached .h file)

In all this redesign, I hope you're not forgetting inline textframes with inline textframes in them.
The general frameset structure is actually kind of a tree rather than a flat toplevel list of framesets,
so the same applies to frames in a way.
That's not an argument against the frameviewmanager per se, but you'll have to
think about how to handle such "nested" frames from there.