List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KWord keyboard accessibility enhancements
From:       Gary Cramblitt <garycramblitt () comcast ! net>
Date:       2005-10-21 2:03:57

I have committed some enhancements to KWCanvas and KWView for keyboard
accessibility.

With focus in the document window, pressing Popup Context Menu (Menu key) will
popup up the menu for the current frameset.  If a frame is currently
selected, it pops up the frame/border menu.   Ctrl+Menu will popup the
frame/border menu in either case, which seems to work for text, table, and
formula frames, but doesn't work for picture frames, unfortunately.

Go to Document Structure (Alt+1) puts focus on the document structure area.
Go to Document (Alt+2) puts focus on the document window.

The Menu key also works in the document structure window.

If anyone objects to these changes, or finds problems, please let me know.

The biggest remaining problem in KWord for keyboard accessibility is to allow
creation of new frames without the mouse.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)