List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice 1.4.1 Accessibility Assessment
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-15 17:14:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 15 October 2005 18:24, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> "Difficult to create a text frame.  Requires sizing of frame using
> mouse."
>
> As you suggest, it sounds like permitting user to just hit Enter to
> create the frame at a default location would not be difficult to code.
>  So I would argue that change should be made.  OTOH, once created, if
> there is no easy way to focus, move or resize the frames (without
> resorting to Mouse Navigation), what's the point?

Separating problems and solving them individually is always a good
thing :)

> Someone ought to apply some brainpower to
> solving this problem.  If I have time, I'll do that, but I'll need help
> as I'm unfamiliar with the KOffice code.

Coming up with a solution is never the problem for me, actually coding it
is.  But I know thats just me :)
For example; we can use the 'menu' key to show a popup for the selected
frame (either in the document-structure or on the main canvas) and supply
a 'size' or 'move' menu item similar to how KWin does so.
Press alt-F3 to see how kwin solved that problem.

--
Thomas Zander