List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Good review in November Linux Magazine
From:       Martin Ellis <martin.ellis () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-10-14 11:13:31

On Friday 14 Oct 2005 11:41, Inge Wallin wrote:
> I have heard nothing about this at all.  Would be an interesting discussion
> it itself:
>  - How to integrate Kexi better

For starts:

- Figuring out how to use Kexi libraries from other apps when Kexi is packaged
separately.  This would seem fairly high priority.

- Static import from a Kexi DB into a kspread sheet. (Ought to be easy, as
Raphael's calendar plugin demonstrates how to do KSpread plugins quite
clearly - I'm tempted as I think even I could do this.  I've written some
notes about it on our wiki)

- Ability to use Kexi migration drivers to import sheets in KSpread. (Although
it perhaps wouldn't be obvious integration - I think I wrote some notes on
this too)

- Ability to create charts in Kexi

- Other types of KOffice docs in Kexi?

- Export reports to OpenDocument so they can be opened in KWord

Although, to some extent, I agree with JS.  There are several improvements in
Kexi that I'm more desperate for than better integration with the rest of
KOffice right now.

Martin