List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KPresenter usability review.
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2005-09-29 16:09:35

Hello all,

> > The thing to consider here is that guidelines are closely coupled with
> > the rulers. So I personally think (without spending much time reading
> > code) that you can closely couple the guidelines stuff with the rulers as
> > they already exist in koffice lib.
> >
> > Other then that; I'm all for integration !
>
> Me, too. One ruler to rule them all, one guide to guide us all! Btw, when
> working on guides, it would be nice to be able to have diagonal guides,
> I think. Krita's guides suck mightily and besides, there's no way to snap
> to them, so Krita should adopt these KOffice-wide guides, too. I agree with
> the guide drag too, too.

At the moment I'm only planning to have the widget in kolibs, so no snap and
so on :-(. The guides in kivio don't support it as far as I can see.

But maybe later when I have some knowlage how to handle this it might be a
good idea to generalise it and also put it in kolibs :-).

Have a nice day,

Thorsten